Surprise to those of you who looked for me in second grade! This year I have the pleasure of teaching the first graders and working with two incredible teachers, Ms. Chavez and Ms. Waits. I know this is going to be an exciting year with endless opportunities for my students to gain knowledge through inquiry, exploration, and many meaningful, hands-on activities. My goals are to instill a joy for learning in the children and foster critical thinking in a very structured and nurturing classroom environment.
I am looking forward to working together to provide an educational experience that will help your child to grow academically, personally, and socially!
Professional and personal information:
1. This is my 28th year of teaching and my 9th year at Jefferson. I taught first grade my first year here and second grade the following years. My experience includes and public and private schools in Hawaii, Sacramento, and Anaheim.
2. I took a a leave of absence to start a family and then stayed home with my twin sons until they started kindergarten.
3. My 14 year-old boys attended Jefferson and are now ninth graders at Carlsbad High School.
4. I will be celebrating my 23rd wedding anniversary in September.
5. My interests include working out, reading, traveling, watching movies, and shopping.