Returning student registration will occur at the Jefferson school office only during these hours:
9am–11:30am and 2–3pm
Please attend on the following dates according to the first letter of the student’s last name:
Wednesday, Aug. 17: A, B, C, D
Thursday, Aug. 18: E, F, G, H
Friday, Aug. 19: I, J, K, L
Monday, Aug. 22: M, N, O, P
Tuesday, Aug. 23: Q, R, S, T
Wednesday, Aug. 24: U through Z
**** THE AERIES PARENT PORTAL (SENT BY EMAIL, see button at left) MUST BE FILLED OUT PRIOR TO REGISTRATION****
During registration, please:
- Turn in all required registration forms. Login to the Aeries Parent Portal to complete and print out the forms that are required for you to bring to school on your registration date. Click here to review the required forms for returning students.
- Provide Proof of Residency: In order to complete enrollment, the parent or guardian must also provide two documents from the list below to support the residency verification form and the residency affidavit. (P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted)
- Current SDG&E Bill - a printed copy of the entire first page of current bill or a copy of the “detailed bill” from the SDG&E website.
- Current Water Bill - a printed copy of the entire first page of current bill or a copy from the City website.
- Final Escrow papers - also requires SDG&E bill (entire first page or online copy of “detailed bill”) or City water bill.
- Current Lease Agreement - current Lease Agreement with Management/Landlord’s contact information. (If the lease has expired and is now month-to-month, a letter on company letterhead from the manager/landlord indicating the parents are current residents is required.)
NOTE: If you are a renter and do not pay utilities because it is included in the rent, we will need a letter from the lessor and/or a copy of the rental agreement stating that utilities are included, along with one other acceptable document proving residency. Contact Jefferson office staff at 760-331-5500 for options.
Jefferson's class assignment night is Monday, August 29, 4:30-6:30 pm. Come discover your teacher and information about PTA and other activities planned for the school year. Food trucks and vendors will be selling snacks, dinner and treats.
First day of school is Tuesday, August 30.
Back to School Night is Wednesday, September 7:
5:30—6:00: 3 through 5th grades
6:30—7:00: K through 2nd grades
Other Important Dates to Remember
Sept. 5 - Labor Day Holiday
Nov. 11 - Veteran's Day Holiday
Nov. 21-25 - Thanksgiving Week
Dec. 19-Jan. 2 - Winter Break
Jan. 16, 2017 - Martin Luther King Holiday
Jan. 27, 2017 - Semester Break Day
Feb. 17/Feb. 20 - President's Weekend
April 3-April 7 - Spring Break
May 29 - Memorial Day
June 15 - Last Day of School
Are you new to Carlsbad Unified School District? Click here to get started.
Do you have an incoming Kinder student and need to enroll? Click here to learn more.
You'll be inspired by examples of the amazing things our children & teachers do each and every day at Jefferson. We are always looking for ways to involve our local businesses & community members...and feel free to let us know if you'd like to become a part of our Jefferson Community by volunteering at our school. Email email@example.com to let us know of your interest.
Jefferson Elementary educates each student to become a life-long learner. Through the International Baccalaureate program, we nurture and inspire multilingual, respectful, global citizens to lead and create positive change.
What Makes Jefferson Special...
Our students are active participants in their education. They are encouraged to ask questions and take responsibility in their learning process. Our teachers work in a collaborative environment, enhancing the thematic topic of study with art, music, world language, technology, physical education and real world scenarios.
Jefferson Students Give Back...
An important part of being a Jefferson student is being an active participant in the community, and seeking ways to make a difference. Our children complete service projects based on local events, news headlines from around the world, or other social issues that come to their attention and inspire them to want to help. Our students know that they CAN create change!
Jefferson Students Are Moving...
Studies have shown that getting exercise provides some serious benefits: exercise boosts brain function! Jefferson students begin their mornings with our 20 minute Workout of the Day. Then, classes of students rotate through a 45 minute circuit workout. As a result, our students are focused and ready to go once they begin their studies. As always, parents and community members are welcome to join in!